All prices listed below are for repairs done in our shop and include parts and labor.
We now have DIY parts kits available for our the frequent Tubbs repairs we perform. Click here for the parts store.
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE, then follow our Mail Order Instructions .
Sending us your Snowshoes: Send us both of your snowshoes if you have a broken binding or crampon. We may have to replace both so that they match.
DO NOT cut off old bindings/crampons. Doing this may end up creating more repair work and cost more to repair.
Once we have received your snowshoes we will assess them and follow the directions you have given us on your Snowshoe Mail Order Form. Please mark the damaged area(s) clearly with tape or some other marking so that we can easily see the problem area(s). Once the repairs are completed we will charge your credit card for the repairs, plus return shipping and send them back to you.
Repairs & Prices
Bindings Replaced (Only done as a pair): $79 per pair
Please let us know what size women's or men's shoe the primary user wears. Binding colors we have in stock may vary from the pictures shown here.
Bindings and Crampons Replaced at the same time: $99 per pair
Heel Strap Replacement
If you have rubber heel straps with equally spaced adjustment holes as seen in the picture on the right, then yes, we can replace your heels straps. If only one of your heel straps is broken, consider getting the pair replaced at the same time because they often break due to age and if one broke, the other one is likely soon to break. Heel Straps run $18 for one, $32 per pair, installed.
Heel straps are also available as a DIY kit which could save you time and money. For more info, please check out the listing for this item in our parts store here.
BOA Technology Lacing System Repairs
We can replace the Boa wire lace as well as the "reel" which is the dial that is used to adjust the tension of the wire lace.
Please note, if the molded housing (typically a larger part of the binding) that the reel is attached to is cracked, you might need to have the bindings replaced.
Wire lace replaced $28 per binding or $32 for the wire and reel to be replaced at the same time.
Heel Straps (plastic ratcheting style for Bear Claw Bindings):
Unfortunately these heel straps are no longer available.
Your option would be to replace your bindings (see bindings above).
Rivet/Buckle Replacement: $15 - $30
Crampons Replaced: $30 each
Toe Cord Replaced: $50 each
Toe Cord Attachment Wraps: $25 per side
Tail Wraps: $20 each
Deck Wraps: $15 each
When looking at the cost to repair your snowshoes, keep in mind that a new pair of Tubbs snowshoes runs between $150 and $270. That means that repairing your snowshoes, even with shipping costs added on, is usually cost effective.
If you think you have a legitimate Warranty claim, please do not contact Mountain Soles. Instead, you should contact your local Tubbs dealer, or contact Tubbs directly to see if your problem is covered under warranty. You can reach them at 800-987-1051.
• Missing deck rivets- as long as the decking is not torn and the holes are not enlarged.
• Buckles (all newer buckles in stock, older models will have color substitution if original not in stock) – Most years.
• Heel straps- Most years.
• Binding attachment rivets- All years.
• Binding-to-frame attachment straps (known as a Toe Cord)
• Heel traction Most models.
• Bindings & Crampons- If either of your Tubbs bindings and crampons are broken, and have 3 rivets/bolts holding them to the snowshoes, we will need to replace both bindings and crampons because all newer parts have 4 rivets/bolts holding them to the snowshoes. We do not have bindings or crampons for Tubbs Adventure, Discovery, Aurora, or Eclipse Series snowshoes, nor can we get them any longer, so we are unable to fix those versions. If your bindings & crampons are held on with only 2 rivets/bolts, we do not have any replacement bindings or crampons and can not retrofit newer versions to fit your snowshoes. If you are still unclear as to whether or not we can repair your snowshoes, please send us a message via our Contact page.
We only replace bindings in pairs (not individually) so that your bindings will match in appearance and function, and because we do not have inventory of styles from previous seasons. Replacement bindings will likely be a different color, and/or style than your existing pair. We will do our best to make your new bindings similar in style/function to your old pair but we are limited by our inventory. Please send both your snowshoes to avoid delays and extra shipping costs.
• Decking- of any kind/any year; we do not stock replacement decking.
• Cord or lacing that connects the decking to the frame.
• Broken/worn through frames- any model/year.
• Pop rivets that have made the attachment hole too large (normal wear and tear issue).
Because each snowshoe repair is somewhat unique, we suggest that you choose the option on the Mail Order Form that authorizes us to proceed with repairs up to $XX.XX. Fill in the maximum dollar amount you feel comfortable with spending to repair your snowshoes.