Join our team!
If we have any openings they will be listed below. Thanks for looking!
Mountain Soles & Outdoor Threads is a small, family-owned business that specializes in the repair and alteration of specialty outdoor clothing and equipment. We are currently accepting resumes and cover letters for upcoming sewing/gear repair technician positions. For the right person we can be flexible, offering full-time, part-time or seasonal work.
Sewing/ Gear Repair Technician (multiple openings available)
Are you a skilled sewer who has some experience constructing, modifying, or repairing complex items? If so, you might be the person we are looking for. Below are the qualities that we are seeking in a new team member.
In addition to the General Qualities listed below we are looking for someone with the following skills:
- You have experience with home sewing machines and possibly some knowledge and experience with industrial sewing machines (needle feed, walking foot, bar- tacker, serger etc).
- You have the ability to perform sewing repairs, modifications, and alterations on high-end outerwear, tents, backpacks, sleeping bags, etc. We can train you on the specifics of what we do but you need to have some sewing experience.
- You can visualize three-dimensionally.
- You are able to deconstruct and reconstruct intricately constructed items.
- You are a trouble-shooter and able solve problems creatively. You think ‘outside the box’ and are willing to learn new things.
General qualities we are seeking:
- You have good handwriting and verbal communication. Basic English skills required.
- You are reliable.
- You are excited to learn new skills and techniques.
- You are able to interpret instructions and have a keen eye for detail.
- You are a self-starter, committed to high quality work and able to work autonomously.
- You are comfortable with other simple tasks and willing to pitch in when needed (vacuuming, sweeping, washing windows, etc).
- You can lift up to 40 pounds.
Other job functions may include:
- Light cleaning
- Taking inventory
- Snowshoe repairs
Want to learn more about our business before you send your resume? Visit the Mountain Soles website at www.mtnsoles.com
- Pay is hourly and is dependent on experience and abilities.
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off for full time employees (full time is considered 32hrs and more per week)
- Health Insurance Stipend/ Group Health Care coming soon
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Reply with a resume via email to: mountainsoles at gmail dot com
Please include prior relevant work and/or sewing related experience.
Include email and a phone number where you can be reached.
PLEASE DO NOT call us to ask about job openings.
If we like your resume we will call you for an interview. We will not be emailing everyone back that sends us a resume. We are hoping to bring someone on before the end of October.
A background and reference check will may be required.